Pick up the guitar: Guitar for Beginners
This course is designed for complete beginners to the guitar.
- Name and understand the different parts of the guitar and their functions.
- Develop basic finger coordination and strumming technique on the guitar.
- Learn fundamental chords and be able to transition between them smoothly.
- Understand basic music theory concepts such as reading guitar tablature, rhythms, and basic chord progressions.
- Learn to play a variety of simple songs and melodies.
- Students will be able to name and identify the different parts of the guitar and describe their functions.
- Students will be able to strum simple rhythms and perform basic finger exercises with ease and accuracy.
- Students will be able to play foundational chords and transition between them smoothly in the context of simple chord progressions.
- Students will be able to read and understand guitar tablature, and apply basic music theory concepts to play simple songs and melodies.
- Students will be able to perform a variety of simple songs and melodies with proper technique and musicality.
It is important to note that this course is not an awarding body and any practice papers or certificates issued are not accredited by any other recognised organisation. The course is intended to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the guitar, which can be applied to their musical pursuits.