Safeguarding Policy for Simply Guitar
At Simply Guitar, we are committed to creating a safe and positive learning environment for all our students. As part of this commitment, we have developed a safeguarding policy to ensure that we take all necessary steps to protect the welfare and safety of our students. This policy applies to all staff, volunteers, and anyone working with or on behalf of Simply Guitar.
Designated Safeguarding Officer
Greg Bakke has been appointed as the Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) for Simply Guitar. He is responsible for ensuring that our safeguarding policy is followed and that all safeguarding concerns are dealt with appropriately. If you have any concerns regarding the safety or welfare of a student, please contact Greg immediately.
Simply Guitar is committed to:
- Promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment for all our students
- Providing training and support to all staff and volunteers to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities with regards to safeguarding
- Ensuring that all students are treated with respect and dignity and are protected from all forms of abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Taking appropriate action in response to safeguarding concerns and following relevant legislation and guidance
Staff and Volunteer Responsibilities
All staff and volunteers at Simply Guitar have a responsibility to:
- Promote the welfare and safety of our students
- Be aware of the signs and symptoms of abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Report any safeguarding concerns to the DSO immediately
- Attend safeguarding training regularly to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and best practices
If a safeguarding concern is raised, we will follow the following procedures:
- The DSO will be informed immediately
- The DSO will investigate the concern and take appropriate action
- All safeguarding concerns will be recorded and kept confidentially
- We will work in partnership with relevant agencies to ensure the safety and welfare of the student
This safeguarding policy will be reviewed regularly to ensure it remains up-to-date and in line with best practices and legislation.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our safeguarding policy, please do not hesitate to contact the DSO, Greg Bakke.
Greg Bakke, Designated Safeguarding Officer.